What's new in QuickField 6.0
QuickField is known as a very efficient FEA package for multiphysical analysis of plane-parallel or axisymmetrical 2D models. History of previous releases shows gradual increase of functionality - but within 2D setup. Starting from version 6.0 QuickField goes 3D, keeping the same user friendliness and speed associated with 2D versions.
QuickField 6.0 introduces the first step into 3D world - 3D extruded electrostatics. 3D geometric model may be created by conversion of existent 2D plane-parallel model to 3D, or built from scratch in QuickField preprocessor starting from planar sketch, each objects of which then extruded by adding height levels in the third dimension. This approach is called 3D extrusion. In this version only electrostatic analysis is allowed for 3D extrusion models. Other types of analysis will be expanded to 3D in future QuickField releases.
Main new features of QuickField 6.0 are:
- 3D Electrostatic analysis with piecewise constant isotropic electric permittivity varying by bodies.
- Field sources include electric charge or charge density defined in any type of geometric entities: bodies, faces, edges, or vertices.
- Dirichlet or Neumann boundary conditions can be applied to any of faces, edges, or vertices.
- Automatic conversion of any existent 2D plane-parallel electrostatic model into corresponding 3D model.
- 3D geometric model creation by a fixed-depth cross-sectional multilayer extrusion of a 2D model.
- Automatic 3D mesh generation controlled by mesh spacing values defined on a set of vertices.
- Properties and boundary conditions set by assigning labels to any geometric entity.
- 3D View mode provides the methods for 3D structures viewing and manipulating, including rotation, zoom and changing visibility of the model parts to see the objects hidden behind.
- Color maps of selected physical quantities in full 3D view or at arbitrary cross section.
- Local value display with robust picking capability.
- X-Y plots along arbitrary line.
- Vector plots and isosurfaces in 3D view, isolines on a cross section.
- Limited set of integral quantities over the volumes predefined on preprocessing stage.