Transient electric analysis
Transient Electric Field
The Transient Electric module can be used to study the field distribution in objects subjected to pulse sources, e.g., lightning-induced overvoltages. It may also be applied to design modern insulation constructions, which include nonlinear field equalizing elements, varistor overvoltage protection, and other applications, which involve zinc oxide varistors, semiconductive ceramics, and similar materials.
Features of the Transient Electric module:
- Anisotropic or nonlinear conductivity
- Anisotropic or nonlinear permittivity
- Voltage and current density sources as a function of time
- Dirichlet or Neumann boundary conditions
- Results: voltage, electric field, conduction and displacement current density, ohmic and reactive power and losses, forces and torques.
See examples of Transient Electric problems:
ZnO lighting arrester
Stress control tube for cable termination
+ More examples...