Main >>Support >> Webinars >> Fault Current Limiter Simulations using QuickField
Multiphysics simulations in QuickField model the operation of fault current limiters and controllers. Fault current limiters with high temperature superconducting elements as well as fault current controllers using ferrite components are modeled. The nonlinear B-H characteristics of type-II superconductors and ferrite components are modeled for current limiters and controllers, respectively. Multiphysics coupling is demonstrated between electrical circuit, time harmonic and transient magnetic analysis, ac current flow, as well as coupled thermal field analysis.
1. Two coils inductive fault current limiter
2. Superconductor fault current limiter. Axisymmetric case
3. Superconductor fault current limiter. Plane-parallel case
4. Superconductor fault current limiter. Singe coil with ferrite core
5. Transient analysis
6. Fault current controller
7. Resistive fault current limiter
8. Fault current limiter heating
Read presentation in PDF format.