Main >> Product >> Version history >>
What's new in QuickField 3.2
Release date: March, 1995
- Solving coupled problems of thermo-structural, magneto-structural, electro-structural and electro-thermal analyses.
- New Copy command for the set of selected objects is added to the Geometry Editor which enables you to create complex geometric models. With the Copy command it is now easy to create regularly repeated features, such as poles of the multipole electric machine.
- New Move command for the set of the selected objects is added to the Geometry Editor. With the Move command you can move or rotate one part of the model with respect to another. This option is very useful for performing parametric studies on your model, such as obtaining forces for different positions of the plunger in solenoids or torques for multiple positions of the rotor in electric motors.
- The available se of length units has bin expanded (microns, millimeters, centimeters, meters, kilometers, inches, feet and miles).
- The dialog boxes in the Data Editor have been expanded and improved.
- Graphic output to Postscript and CGM files. Postscript files can be sent directly to the printer, and both formats can be used to embed high quality graphic illustrations into text documents of other applications.
- New user interface of the Postprocessor based on the dialog boxes gives you even more control over results presentation.
- Tabulates output is now customizable and ready for printing.
- The Zoom options are now available under X-Y plot and Integrals submenus as well, which makes it easier to choose contours in very small air gaps.
- Wider set of maintained physical quantities is available (Hill criterion, energy density and strain components in stress analysis problems).