What's new in QuickField 6.3 service pack 1
Release date: February 21, 2018
Version 6.3 SP1 does not bring new types of analysis or field presentation methods to QuickField 6.3. Instead we concentrated our efforts on improving user interface and fixing bugs, making QuickField easier and more reliable tool. Here is a brief list of changes.
- It is now possible to define the initial temperatures, boundary conditions or display results in the chosen temperature units -of Kelvin, Celsius or Fahrenheit degrees.
- Number of the significant digits in the displayed local and integral results may be adjusted.
- The total time of solution is now displayed in the "problem is solved" dialog.
- Menu Tools>Options is added, and this is a major step allowing adjusting the settings and storing them between the analysis sessions.
- Field View dialog panel got a new control - "apply" button. It allows viewing the adjusted field picture without closing the dialog and if needed - adjust the field view further till the displayed picture of the field map, equipotential lines or vectors becomes adequate.
- Field line controls now include the base value - this helps assigning convenient numerical values to the isotherms or to the equipotential lines.
Many errors are fixed, including:
- LabelMover is unstable in the multiple threads operation mode.
- Frequency sweep analysis with LabelMover displays the last step results twice.
- Electrical displacement is shown incorrectly in some AC Conduction problems.
- Electrical displacement current is shown incorrectly in some Transient Electric problems.
Full list is available for customers having an active maintenance contract.