What's new in QuickField 4.2T
Release date: October 2001
New Problem Types
QuickField is now capable of solving transient nonlinear heat transfer problems, with arbitrary initial field distribution, nonlinear specific heat and flexible time parameters.
New Solver Capabilities
Brand new highly efficient transient solver allows for time-dependent nonlinear field computation with unbeatable speed - all within minutes on moderate workstation - as you get used with QuickField but in time domain.
Coupling Problem Enhancements
You can now perform thermo-structural analysis based on temperature distribution at any given moment of time.
New Coupling Types
You can simulate transient heat transfer process taking initial temperature distribution from another problem - transient or steady-state.
Data and Problem Editor
- Flexible timing parameters control
- Powerful editor for temperature-dependent specific heat - yet familiar to old QuickField users.
- Compatibility with steady-state analysis: you can transfer your old problems to transient analysis with minimum editing.
New Postprocessing Features
- Fast switching between time layers in field picture
- Visualization of time-dependency: XY-plots or table views
- Single-click transfer between space and time distribution at any point clicked with a mouse
- New powerful control for setting up XY-plot curves - multiple point and/or quantities in one plot
- Export of time dependencies to other formats