What's new in QuickField 5.7
Release date: January 2010
Version 5.7 expands functionality of QuickField for the electric fields simulation, and also features updated user interface, including new design of windows, panels, toolbars and menus.
1. Transient Electric Field Analysis
Previous QuickField versions included three different formulations of the electric field calculation problem. New formulation introduced in QuickField 5.7 complements these possibilities with simulation of the transient electric field in the non-linear conductive dielectric media:
|Analysis type||Dielectric permittivity||Conductivity of
|AC Conduction||Time-harmonic sources. Field parameters magnitude and phase are calculated.|
|Transient electric field||
Dependent on the electric field E
|Arbitrary time-dependent field sources create time-varying field.
Field parameters are calculated for any instance within predefined time range.
New problem formulation may be used for study of the field distribution in the objects subjected to the pulse source (e.g. lightning-induced overvoltage). It may be also applied for designing of the modern insulation constructions, which include non-linear field equalizing elements, varistor overvoltage protection and other non-linear effects.
2. User Interface improvements
- New methods for windows positioning are provided. It is now possible to dock QuickField problem, and tool windows to any side of the main QuickField window, arrange them in a column or rows, collate with tabs in any combination
- Document windows are now organized with tabs at the bottom of QuickField main window, which simplifies switching between them.
- New Problem Properties window complements Problem Properties dialogue and allows instant viewing and editing of the problem parameters.
- QuickField windows now have individual toolbars instead of shared toolbar where different active windows showed different selection of icons. This eliminates the risks of wrong actions. Toolbars are equipped by tooltips.
- Menus now include explanation icons.
3. ActiveField Additions
New ActiveField object and functions provide access to material properties and boundary conditions related to new transient electric problem formulation, as well as getting results of this analysis.